This Sunday we reflected on the incredibly good news of 2 Corinthians 5. Over the past number of weeks we've though on Jesus invitation to "take my yoke upon you, and learn from me". Reconciliation, is among many things, the action of being yoked to Christ. As such, it should come as no surprise to us that Paul says:
"All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation 2 Corinthians 5.18
In response to this ministry of reconciliation we've experienced and that has been subsequently given to us... this message of reconciliation with which we've been entrusted... we yoke ourselves to Jesus in prayerful participation.
- Pray for God to place a specific person or family on your heart right now
- We have many people at any given moment, but right now pray asking the Holy Spirit to empress on your heart someone in particular who stands in need of reconciliation.
- Pray for that person or family
- Ask God for his heart
- Ask God for the honour and privilege of participating in his ministry of reconciliation in their lives
- Pray for a creative way you could actively participate in the next week